Fall Sand Volleyball
$250 – 4’s // $150 – 2’s
- $150 for a 2’s Team
- $250 for a 4’s Team
- It is free to register as a free agent, and you will only be charged if you are matched with a team.
- Schedules will be posted online. Please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change.
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- If we have issues due to inclement weather, we will make have makeup days.
- Each night of league will have of each team playing 2 matches, 2 games each to 21.
- Teams are responsible for reffing at least one match.
- Each night of your game you will pick up your game sheets and ball from the front desk.
- If there is inclement weather, games will be rescheduled on a designated make-up day.
Fall Season Information
September 9 – October 24
Monday, September 9 – October 21 • Coed 4’s-A/BB
Tuesday, September 10 – October 22 • Men’s 2’s and Women’s 2’s – A/BB
Wednesday, September 11 – October 23 • Coed 4’s – A/BB
Thursday, September 12 – October 24 • Coed 2’s A/BB
- Games will start at 6:15P each night of the league with the next match starting no more than 5 minutes after the end of prior match.
- Each night of the league will consist of each team playing 2 matches, 2 games each to 21.
- Every team will have to ref at least once a night.
- You will only play on the night that you signed up for. Make-up games will be held the following Friday after the canceled night.
Are you looking for a competitive or recreational league?
This is very important to maintain the integrity of the leagues. Please the league description below to assist you in your decision.
- A & AA/Open (competitive)
Skilled players that know their way around a court (and have the vertical jump to prove it)
For players that like to win.
- B/BB (recreational)
Play for exercise and the fun of the game
For players that would like to win, but winning is not the reason for playing.
A and AA/Open leagues have a minimum age requirement of 16 years. There is no minimum age for B/BB leagues, however, the Virginia Beach Field House reserves the right to remove minors from the league.
- All A-teams will play by beach rules.
- As a court sport, Beach Volleyball involves a number of strict rules, including:
- Players are allowed to touch the ball three times maximum before they return it across the court – blocks included.
- There are a number of moves and hits that are classed as illegal in Beach Volleyball, including “hand touches”, “tips,” and “dinks”.
- Players are permitted to cross below the net in Beach Volleyball – but this will be classed as a foul if it tampers or interferes with the opposing team’s play.
- There is no set position for players, meaning they can move to any part of the court they wish at any time – provided it is on their side.
Player Requirements/Safety for 4’s
4 players on the court – a minimum of 2 members of the same sex must be on the court at all times.
The opposing team captain may waive the minimum player requirement AND have the results of the match COUNT towards the standings. Agreeing that the results of the match COUNT must be made clear at the net prior to the start of play by the team captains. Agreeing to play does not infer that the match counts unless this is explicitly decided by the opposing team captain.
Each player must sign a waiver before his/her first game. Note: If you add a player to your team throughout the year, that player must sign a waiver before they play, even if it is only for one game.
If you have questions, please contact Kiresten Bertram at, email@example.com.